Saturday 10 May, 2008

Why ?

Sample this

I was telling a friend of mine to check out my blog and leave her opinion

Me: yeah, so that is the link
She: Ohh ok,

So, why do you blog?

I was stumped :P

Didn’t really know what to say, I thought of saying this-really dramatic :-)

Do you know why you fall in love? Similarly I do not know why I blog?

But apart from my filmy analogy, Seriously Why do YOU blog?

Do you Blog to

  • Describe your current state of mind? Happy? Sad? Dreamy? Blog it.

  • Find a network of like minded people?

  • Discuss social issues?

  • Kill boredom?

  • Take a break from boring office schedules?

  • Give your opinion on anything under the sun?

  • Share info,gyaan on the latest gizmo, cell phone or a movie/book review?

  • Get distracted from personal ups and downs?

  • Say “Hey I am not a celebrity really but who stops me from being one virtually?” Blog, get noticed and get famous? ;)

  • Get more hits to your website by blogging about controversial topics :P ?

  • Vent out frustration?

Why Why Why ?








Why do we choose this medium over others? I am not sure about it too.
I think it is a mix of all the listed reasons. We let passion drive us and reason rein us and blogging makes me happy, rarely I feel relieved too :)
Sometimes, I don’t even think before I blog, It’s like this flash of lightning and I say, Hey I would want to blog that!

So why do you blog? Let me know :D

Parting shot:

I blog, therefore I am!

This video below was made by Vineet Rajan ,for one of the Indiblogger meets,describes the spirit of blogging


5 comments:

Sachin Sawant said...

Hey, good post........ for me its the mixture of all the above mentioned points.......i guess one more reason why folks blog is to make money
( problogger, copyblogger, lifehack et al).........isnt ?

Anonymous said...

Basically, for me its just getting out frustration at times, getting over a particular fear, keeping a record of the most memorable incidents of my life, figuring out what i actually want , getting inspired by the most little things, having something to read in other's blogs...

After, say 10 years, I go back to my Blog pages and read all my old posts, it'll bring a smile on my face and probably I'll say, " Hey! My life was pretty cool as a teenager despite all the pressure,exams,sleep-less nights,result fear and stuff".

~Priya :)

Meghana said...

@sachin

oh yes,how cud i miss money! it tempts every blogger to write for an audience,not for himself :)

thanks for droppin in

@priya

frustration on my list :P

but yes,i identify with the ten year saga,i sometimes write so much in a one post,i am sure nobody would read that much,but its ok, i am just writing down everything i can remember,it sure would make me smile ten years frm now on ) why ten years,i sometimes think even 6 months is a long time ! n refresh memories :)

n your tagged one,i am putting it up soon

rantravereflect/ jane said...

:)
we blog for all the reasons ya have mentioned out there,
but i loved teh cartoon towards the end: wen i jus look at my lappy, there are many times, i feel the urge to write in yet another post..
:)
aspiring writes who never make it to gettin their stuff published- this is atleast a forum :)

Meghana said...

@rantravereflect

firstly,you have a very interesting uname !

thanks for dropping in !

i agree about the temptation to blog :) every time u look at the lappy,happens to me all d time !