Tuesday 4 March, 2008

BSNL aargh!


Top 7 reasons why I hate BSNL !

I have a BSNL data one wi-fi modem internet connection from the past 3-4 months .

  1. My wi-fi modem has 3 lights –DSL,Internet,WLAN ,all three are supposed to light up in unison for the internet to work correctly which is an event that occurs only once a month !

  1. The net never gets working at supposed “peak hours” namely 6-8 pm grrr and of course, on weekends it is foolish of me to expect it to connect...

  1. My favorite words are “Problem Loading page” and “Server not Found “ courtesy the umpteen times I get to see it on my browser thanks to you know who!

  1. My conversation, if you mention BSNL will begin with F***ed up BSNL,so they are taking over my vocab and making my BP rise well over the roof.

  1. I have lost count of the number of times I mutter “DC” or “SORRY” during an IM conversation with friends on skype,Yahoo Msngr,Gmail or anything else !DC-Disconnected,aargh..

  1. I pay 250 per month and end up getting “download limit exceeded” in my duplicate bill every other month, (note duplicate bill since the original bill never arrives on time except for one day before the due date ,phew ! ) so I switch to the 500 plan which makes my blood boil since this net is nothing compared to the peaceful 20 bucks per hour at a cyber cafĂ©.

  1. Lastly, I have shed about 2000 strands of hair simply by tearing it out in frustration cos their connection never stays constant and I always have trouble downloading since hey,the lights stop blinking after 35 sec u know :)

The Junior Engineer at BSNL in my area knows nothing about setting things right. I asked him for a secure connection, he says “illa,adu aagalla” Thank you sir, Do you know anything other than the full form of BSNL ,damn ..

Don’t get a BSNL data one internet connection especially if you stay around M.S.Ramaiah College. The service is so pathetic that you will spend more time working up your temper and swearing at them rather than browsing the net.

24 comments:

krish said...

I have heard lot of (bad) things about BSNL Broadband, speed problems, extra billing, etc.. but this one is pretty strange and shocking.
BSNL has redefined “broadband” for you, in the worst possible way.

""BSNL data one is the worlds crappiest broadband service""

Meghana said...

@krish

yeah ,bsnl sucks :( sob

Sandeep said...

Did you type out this post in one shot or did you get dc? :P

My experience with BSNL has been impeachable. I got the broadband during the early days of the offering, when only the Rs.500/- & 1GB plan was available.
Now i've switched to Rs.250/- plan, and i rarely exceed the limit. But i have a wired connection.
The problem would be with the Wi-Fi modem and not with the BSNL i believe.

"BSNL best hai mere liye" ;-)

Meghana said...

@sandeep

I didn't dare to type out the post in one shot ! typed it on Word,then cut n paste :)

Regarding wi-fi,I paid 2k and bought this modem and I even told the engineer that he should check it once but he is least bothered .sigh .

I use a laptop and dislike using a wired modem when wi-fi is available ,still can't BSNL atleast provide me satisfactory customer service ??

My cousin at Jayanagar 9th Block also is having serious trouble with BSNL ,he switched to Airtel quite some time back :)

Anonymous said...

airtel rocks!!!...i had problems with bsnl too cauz the stupid lines man connected it wrong and it would go off at 5pm cauz of some reverse potential crap..havnt had a single problem with airtel yet!!! :)

Meghana said...

@noel

seriously :( temme bout it !

Vineet Rajan said...

:) BSNL has always been surprising us all the time! i have not used it for the the past 9 years for the same reasons!

Meghana said...

@vinni

Whom r u loyal to then from 9 yrs ?

Anonymous said...

I seriously wish someone would have written about it 3 months back. This is one crappy service and with connection not lasting long enough i wonder how the download limit is reached!!!

Meghana said...

@masti

Oh yes,tats one prob every time.Basically I am not able to check my download limit since the BSNL guys gave me d wrong password and username .Guess you can chk yours on the dataone site ..

Amol Wagh said...

HEy meg ,

Really nice blog you have
and this bsnl thing i support that 100 %

OK rather than that wanna make a blog friendship with you

so we can share links .

this is my blog
www.windowsregistryexplained.blogspot.com
please let me know if you r interested

The Alchemist said...

Bsnl doesnt suck for me. Although i dont like the company that much. and the customer care sucks big time.

May be the problem lies in the wifi modem/router. Try using a Netgear or linksys wifi router. Its rock solid. I bought a netgear router from the market because bsnl told me that if i wanted a bsnl router i will have to wait two months for the connection !!!

i just went out got a netgear router and they gave connection in 1 week. It has been rock solid ever since.

ankitminglani said...

ha ha .... a very hilarious post buddy .. got your blog from indiblogger.in i also used to have the same problem while using a dial up and sify broadband :) keep smiling !!

Meghana said...

@alchemist

hi,they gave me d connection and the router in just a month,but hell,they dont provide cust service,absolute zero :) u did d right thing by not buying d bsnl router !

Meghana said...

@amol

thanks man

Meghana said...

@golden vulture

dial up,sounds like an era ago nah,old times :P :)

The Alchemist said...

@meghana, there you go. Routers supplied by bsnl/mtnl are always cheap quality. go get a netgear / linksys to drive away your dc blues :)

No need to call them for configuration (unless you want to wait ages for it) it takes full 3 minutes to configure netgear and be online.

Meghana said...

@alchemist

buy a new modem again,sob,no !

Priya said...

Yeah, BSNL has a lot of problems. But again, every other service seems to be having it.

Meghana said...

@ priya

Maybe you are right ,but it's like saying all roads are bad ,but we can't stop drivin on em ,can we ?
thanks for dropping by !

Meghna said...

Hey Meghana,
I'm new arnd here but I loved reading ur blog1 It's a great place! BTW, more fascinating coz we've got similar names :) LOL!
BSNL is furthermore irritating becoz no one ever cares to listen at the help center! I've got the same probs. on my cop. too! Always a busy place.....and it get on my nerves at times :D
Love the way you write....so count me in as a regular reader!

Meghana said...

@meghna

Thanks :) u r one sweet girl

Vijay Bhaskar Reddy said...

I stay around MSRIT in mathikere, have been using BSNL dataone broadband...unlimited download,256kbps speed one... for almost 2 years now. I use the same wifi modem u specified...It covers gud range and works absolutely fine with my IBM lappy. So, I see only positivity in BSNL bband.So I guess the prob lies in some splitter sorta issues in u'r connection or some differential service due to the low tariff paln.

BTW..gud posts:)

Meghana said...

@vijay

Thanks for dropping by :-)

hey u have been using BSNL for two years ,the connections we got about 4 months ago,most of them have complaints,since they were temporary or smthng like that..
well i doubt if the diff idea is right though since i can switch to a higher tariff anyday,i'm now on the 500 plan ,connectivity has slightly improved though :)