Thursday 3 April, 2008

March Off !


The march that just marched away

March was a hectic month...

In the first week, we began rehearsing vigorously for our Departmental Talents Day Show.

In the second week, Mukthi happened. Read my Mukthi post here

It is a two day FOSS event that aims to build greater awareness about open source through talks and demos on the latest trends in Open Source and involves interacting with people from the industry. More on Mukthi in a separate post.

During this period, I took to reading “Shantaram” by Gregory David Roberts, I shall admit the book is about 900 and odd pages and I didn’t want to stop reading it half way due to lack of time .

But soon I was lost in the fantastic, almost fictional tale and I strongly recommend the book to anyone .The Hitch is- in between, the book has a slightly slower pace .this is the point where most readers (whom I have come across) tend to quit reading it. Stay patient and you will enjoy the book.

I did not experience this burst of boredom anywhere while I was reading the book. I will sheepishly tell you that I was imagining Johnny depp as Shantaram all the while and it made my read thoroughly interesting! I am so eager to watch the movie, but with all the rumors flying around I doubt if it will happen soon. Read my post on Shantaram here.

I finished the book and then the internals landed on me, phew! I wrote some amazing pieces of non-technical jargon :-) and managed to get some decent scores in only a couple of subjects. The saddest thing about our university VTU and this course called Engineering is you wake up only when the exams and internals are only a week away and cram like there’s no tomorrow..

On the final day of my internals was our Talent’s Day...it was a beautiful show put up by our voISE Team and a huge success. Will write a post on it soon, no, I am not kidding, promise :-)

In between all this,I managed to catch "The Bucket List" ,I liked the movie,It set me thinking about a lot of things in life,what would you do if you really had only 6 months to live? Read my Bucket List here

In the last week of March we had our annual intra-college fest called Udbhav.

Ok I am repeating this again, but the experience of Udbhav shouldn’t be described in just a line :-) so will blog about it too SOON!

I am so tempted to quote this

“You will find time for things only that you really want to do! “

Adios



PS : I also signed up for Indiblogger this month and I love the experience of interacting with so many new people and checking out their writings too :-)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I guessed,.. when u were makin a note ab wat happened in march..??

well i know u will only find time 4 things u really want 2 do..!
so i am pretty sure tat u will soon write a post o voISE n udbhav...:-)

waitin 4 it.. so b fast..
n stop talkin 2 much..,irritatin ur friend.. I am sure u will find a lot more time... he he he

Meghana said...

@shru

grrr,one more year babe,dont forget tat ! at any cost :)

Vineet Rajan said...

looks like a hectic month! :) well look forward to more! exams around the corner right? :P to you!

krish said...

Yes Adios quote is an wake up call for you, all u need is Only Time Management Tip
Along with ur preparations for the internals, placement exam, and other projects, things get busier every day. u wouldn’t have it any other way, but in order to fit everything in, u have to search for new ways to Use time more efficiently
Thr r some by reading books and articles, u can find a dozens of time management tips. Some will be more useful than others,
If you can master this one "time management tips", then all the others become trivial.
"Now you know my secret to success"

Glady said...

hey,
first of all, nice blog :)
I m sorry, i m not able to make out who you are. but still, nice meeting you :)
I m the girl who spoke on greasemonkey.

Anonymous said...

Who knew March would be so cloudy and cold in namma Bengaluru ?
I feel the same as you about linking up with Indiblogger ! Cheers !!

Meghana said...

@vinni

exams nahh still a month or two to go :P

Meghana said...

@krish

thank you sir

Meghana said...

@glady

:) i dont think you know me :) wats ur real name ?! is it glady only ?
thanks for dropping by :)

Meghana said...

@priceless junk

i know the weather is weird,one moment its sunny n the other raining :) sweaters dont work either !

Sandeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep said...

Where has that number of hits on your blog widget gone??

put it on top :)

I read someone mentioning about greasemonkey, that reminds me of
Click Monkey

Sandeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glady said...

Hey, no. My real name is Archana. Glady is my pen-name :)

Sandeep said...

Click monkey